Thursday, May 16, 2013

Letting it get to You.

Dear _____,
This is ridiculous. You aren't a bad writer. You aren't "unabashedly unreadable" (which makes no sense, as I mentioned before). You need to work on your grammar and your spelling. There are a few kinks to the story, but it is a GOOD story. I wouldn't agree to help you with it if I didn't believe in its potential!

You need to take a step back and look at this. Think about this.

Do you really want to write?
Do you enjoy writing?
Is it something you want to do with your life?

If you answered yes to all three of those questions than you need to know that it is an uphill battle. You have to fight for what you want. It isn't just handed to you. If you want to write, DO IT! Don't let someone else's opinion change your desires. Don't let someone else dictate what you want to do! Work for it. Fight for it. DO IT!

Its ridiculous to suddenly just stop and say "I'm not doing this anymore."

You are acting like a child. Stop it. You are better than that! You are an intelligent and creative human being and it is demeaning to yourself to act this way.

If I didn't care about you, I wouldn't say these things. I would hate to see a bright star diminished just because he isn't appreciated by a couple of people. That's beneath you.

If you want someone to stand next to you on the uphill battle, I'm there. I'm willing, and able, to help you with your writing. I'm willing to help with grammar and spelling. Those are things I enjoy and I'm more than happy to help you with them. I am willing to be a test reader. I will be honest with you!

Don't give up. I have really enjoyed this story so far and I would hate for it to end before its even been properly finished.

sincerely, and with much love,
Sarai

No comments:

Post a Comment